Min. experience: 5 days sailing, 100 nM in your logbook
Prerequisites: completed basic sailing course or sailing experience and knowledge of the basic sailing course acquired in another school or otherwise. We reserve the right to assess your skills upon arrival at the course.
Content of the course: pilotage, managing the boat and the crew , navigation - navigation at night, spinnaker, VHF.
Accommodation: on board
Age: sailing course for adults (from 16 years of age only with parental permission). However, if accompanied by one parent at least , children from 8 - 16 years may participate, in which case, in periods from 23.03. - 05.05. and 30.09. - 31.10. they pay 60% of the price, and rest of the year 50% of the price.
Knowledge after the course: managing the boat and crew, navigation, sailing in and out of harbor.
Sailing area: waters of Island of Murter, Kornati Islands
Duration of the course: 5 days / 6 nights
08.30 Theory lecture
10.15 Sailing out
13.00 Lunch break (anchoring)
14.00 Continuation of sailing
17.00 Returning to marina
Clean up the boats
Program of the advanced sailing techniques:
- Safety at sea and onboard
- Preparation of the boat for sailing
- Navigation, geographical attitude and longitude, measurement units in navigation, orientation at sea, sea charts
- Navigation at night
- Sailing in course
- Meteorology (wind, air pressure, cyclones and anticyclones, weather report)
- Man over board
- Climbing the mast
- Approaching the shore using engine
- General notions of engine
- Maritime radio telephony service
- Table of VHF services of Croatian shore radio stations
- general connecting procedure
- special procedure
- distress signal and message
- urgency signal and message
- safety signal and message
- usage of the international spelling alphabet
- system of digital selective calling
Equipment: rain jacket, rain trousers (winter time), sailing gloves (like the one for bike – no „fingers“), double shoes (sailing shoes or sneakers), T-shirts, shirts with long sleeves, short and long pants, sun protecting cream, cap, towels for the sea and personal hygiene), swimsuit.
Arrival: Saturday at 18.00
Start of the course: Sunday morning
End of the course: Thursday evening
Departure is scheduled for Thursday evening or Friday morning.
Continuing education and training: skipper cruising, all additional cruising programs.
The price includes:
Program execution, script, accommodation on board, fuel, VAT.
Meals for the student (and the instructor in cruise programs), other marinas fees, accommodation on the land, tourist tax, (1.-€ per person per day), arrival and departure costs, parking fee.
NOTE: for larger groups, upon request, alternative dates for all courses are possible.
Departure dates 2018