Object of the course: adapting to the sailing area through imroving existing sailing skills and acquiring new ones
Age: all adults (from 16 to 18 years of age only with written parental permission)
Min. experience: 5 days sailing, 100 nM in your logbook
Prerequisites: completed basic sailing course or sailing experience and knowledge of the basic sailing course (we reserve the right assessment upon arrival at the course)
Acquired knowledge: fundamental skills of managing the boat and crew and readiness for taking an exam for licence "Boat skipper B category"
Accommodation: on board
Sailing area: waters of island Murter, Kornati islands
Duration of the course: 6 days
Sailing schedule: first two days you will be returning to the base marina, the other four days you will be cruising around nearby islands.
Program basics of cruising:
- Safety at sea and onboard
- Preparation of the boat for sailing
- Navigation, geographical attitude and longitude, measurement units in navigation, orientation at sea, sea charts
- Navigation at night
- Sailing in the course
- Meteorology (wind, air pressure, cyclones and anticyclones, weather report)
- Man over board
- Approaching the shore using engine
- Maritime radio telephony service
- Table of VHF services of Croatian shore radio stations
- general connecting procedure
- special procedure
- distress signal and message
- urgency signal and message
- safety signal and message
- usage of the international spelling alphabet
- system of digital selective calling
- general notions of engine
Arrival: Saturday at 18.00
Start of the cruise: Sunday morning
End of the cruise: Friday evening
The price includes: Program execution, script, accommodation on board, fuel, VAT.
Additional costs: Meals for the student (and the instructor in cruise programs), other marinas fees, accommodation on the land, tourist tax, (1.-€ per person per day), arrival and departure costs, parking fee.
NOTE: for larger groups, upon request, alternative dates for all courses are possible.
Departure dates 2018